I can be contacted on thehighlandtiger@yahoo.co.uk

Friday 26 March 2010

The Demise of Monster Quest

The latest big story to hit the world of cryptozoology is two fold. The History Channel's Monster Quest is coming to an end, and like most of it's episodes it's grand finale will leave us with more questions than answers. That finale will include the showing of the Gable film. A film that purports to show a werewolf of all things.

Unfortunately, The UK will not get to see the series for a while, so unless I can find somewhere online to watch it, (and I have my ways and means of doing so), I can't really comment on the footage shown. However I'll do my best to find a copy of it.

Monster Quest has had a lot of detractors over the years, but I've got a soft spot for the program. Probably due to my involvement on a couple of programs providing background research. I've always found their researchers very friendly and always willing to listen to suggestions.

Over on cryptomundo, there is a letter from Doug Hajicek, the Monster Quest producer

Dear MonsterQuest Fans,

Like many of you, I am a bit saddened by the official cancellation of MonsterQuest. However, we will continue to produce similar programming in the future as opportunities arise.

Cryptozoology will always be passion for me personally.

The official end of MonsterQuest did not happen because of any lack of topics or for lack of viewers. The Network has decided to go another direction to assure their future as a powerful force in television. We are extremely happy to have been part of the successful growth of the History Channel.

I am forever grateful to Loren Coleman and everyone at Cryptomundo. I also thank the hundreds of researchers, scientists and the courageous witnesses we had a chance to work with over the last four years.

It was an amazing run for the topic of Cryptozoology in prime time.

I am sincerely humbled by the opportunity to have created so much programming on this fascinating topic.

Sincerely,
Doug Hajicek
Producer/ Creator/ MonsterQuest
Whitewolf Entertainment Inc.





Hopefully it won't be too long before another film company (and I don't mean CFZ.TV) takes up the baton and produces more crypto-themed programs for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment